Your ship now needs crew for most systems, such as weapons and thrusters, to be able to operate. Crew can now be added by placing "Crew's Quarters" rooms into your ship. Each Crew's Quarters comes with a set number of crew, who will automatically find systems to operate.
Additionally, your ship's cannons can now only store a limited amount (5) of ammunition. If a cannon runs out of ammunition, then a crewmember must hand-carry a "ammo ball" from a nearby "Ammo Supply" (another new kind of room) to the cannon. (Yes, this is way in the future, but for some reason there are no systems to automate this.) This way you have to think about placing Ammo Supplies near enough to cannons so that they don't run out of ammo in the middle of a fight.
While crew can travel through any part of the ship, they travel much faster through corridors than through any other parts. If you want your ship to operate efficiently, then you'll have to think a lot about planning your corridors to give your crew quick access to the ship's systems.
Changes from the previous version:
- Added "Crew's Quarters" rooms that each come with 8 people.
- Added "Ammo Supply" rooms that store an infinite amount of ammo.
- Ammo must be hand-carried by crew from Ammo Supplies to the cannons.
- Click on any cannon or thruster to deactivate or re-activate it. (Deactivated systems don't require crew.)
- Limit of 32 thrusters. Also added "wide" thrusters.